3.12.2009

Olive Oil for Wrinkles - Sofia Loren does it!


         In 2006 Sophia Loren at the age of 72 was voted World's Most Naturally Beautiful Woman beating out younger competitors such as Catherine Zeta Jones. Yes, the picture above is actually Sophia in her late 60's! In an interview she was asked what her secret is and she said the "Love of Life" and "Olive Oil". Loren takes virgin olive oil baths and uses it as a moisturizer. This would make sense that she was driven to do this because her ancient Roman ancestors did as well. Bathing in Olive Oil was a sign of power and wealth. The good news is that the modern woman can find it at the local market and use it as well.
         Because the oil's fat composition is very similar to that of human skin, it rarely causes allergic reactions. In addition, it's absorbed quickly and helps lock in moisture in the skin. The high percentage of unsaturated fat and vitamins A and E, helpful in preventing sun damage, also work on the outside to soothe and replenish, particularly sensitive skin. It is also pure, and unmixed with anything but water, unlike other oils.
         I started using olive oil in place of moisturizers 2 years ago and would never think of buying moisturizer again! I buy Extra Virgin Olive oil cold pressed because regular olive oil and light olive oil have been chemically processed.. Now, you may think it would be a mess and not possible but it is actually quite easy. Olive oil absorbs quickly into the skin and after 15 minutes there is no trace of it. Simply put some in your hands and start rubbing it over your entire body and face. I was at first afraid of clogging pores and causing acne but that has not been an issue. I honestly feel that it has slowed the aging process and pumps up my skin. I get several compliments that my "skin is glowing" and I am always excited to share my secret. There is only one ingrediant in olive oil...olive oil. Go into your bathroom and check out the ingredient list on your moisturizer, why use something with that many ingredients when you can just use a naturally occurring oil. Men, this is also for you - my man uses it everyday.

5 comments:

  1. I just started using olive oil instead of moisturizer as well... fairly recently when I ran out of my regular moisturizer. I had heard about the goodness of EVOO before, so I decided to give it a try in a pinch. I was a little afraid I'd smell like food all-day-long, but as you said - the oil absorbs really fast (no weird sheen) - and once it absorbs, there is no sort of smell that I could detect (and I am very sensitive to smells... so this is a sure bonus).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still religiously using Olive Oil as my sole moisturizer, going on 5 years! Very happy with the results. I have also avoided costly commercial moisturizers.

      Delete
  2. I always supported your share. I live you blog all post about natural product. Olive oil is good for body.
    products that contain olive oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.

    Premium Olive Oil

    ReplyDelete