2.17.2009

Lemons & Apple Cider Vinegar


Both lemons and apple cider vinegar are great for health but they also both make cheeks pucker...so I thought would group them together. I eat them both everday.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
HISTORY:
Vinegar is said to have been used for ailments for at least 10,000 years. The Babylonians first converted wine into vinegar in 5000 BCE using date palms, grapes, and figs, and believed vinegar had exceptional healing properties. Hippocrates is said to have used vinegar as an antibiotic.
INTERNAL BENEFITS:
* Rich in enzymes & potassium
* Support a healthy immune system
* Helps control weight
* Promotes digestion & ph Balance
* Helps soothe dry throats
* Helps remove body sludge toxins
EXTERNAL BENEFITS:
* Helps maintain healthy skin
* Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
* Soothes irritated skin
* Relieves muscle pain from exercise
Source: Braggs website braggs.com
I have a tbsp. of apple cider vinegar everyday. I use Braggs "with the mother". ACV without the mother is not as good as with. Sometimes I just take a straight shot or I put it with water. It was hard at first but I eventually got used to it.
LEMONS
I use lemons for everything! If I spot a blemish I immediatly put lemon juice on it and it dries it up quickly. It acts as an antiseptic to the skin. I put it on my cheecks to bleach any discoloration. I also consume it - put it green tea, in water, anyway that I can get it. It shocked me how high it is in vitamin C. Lemons are also very high in potassium. I eat the rind sometimes because that is where the essential oil of the lemon resides. Becareful, it is bitter and make sure they are very very clean. When you are in a bad mood take the lemon rind and bend it in front of your nose and it is instant aromatherapy. Lemons are a daily part of my life - a true superfood!

No comments:

Post a Comment