Vegan Sloppy Joes - Quick Easy Recipe
Tempeh to the rescue again! We use tempeh as our meat replacement over all other alternatives. Tempeh is easy to work with - simply dice it into tiny cubes and simmer it with your favorite veggies, oils, and spices. We have made taco "meat", churizo, and now these Sloppy Joes. The recipe below takes little ingredients, quick to make, and low cost at the store! You can add many other ingredients if you like - let's just keep it easy!
Shopping List / Ingredients:
- Organic Tempeh
- Organic Ketchup
- Organic Mustard
- Organic Brown Sugar
- Organic Green Pepper
- Organic Sweet Onion
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Hamburger Buns
- Salt & Pepper Chips
1. Dice Tempeh into tiny cubes. Cut lengthwise and then widthwise into thin strips, then crumble with a fork.
2. Dice green pepper and onions - to equal 1 cup each.
3. Heat pan with favorite oil and put tempeh and veggies in to sizzle for 5 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 cup organic ketchup, 1 teaspoon organic mustard, add 1/8 cup organic brown sugar (more or less), 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, sea salt to taste.
5. Simmer on lower heat for 5 - 10 minutes.